5 Organic And Natural Pesticides For Your Home
Pests are quite a disturbing problem that majority of the people encounter while living life in the fast lanes. The only solution they have to get the pests treated is to call in a pest control company and tell them to fix the problem. Ever wondered what if you cannot afford to call them every alternate month? Does that imply you will let the pests reside in your home peacefully? Definitely no and the suitable alternative to still keep pests out of your home without having to call in the pest controllers is to go the organic way of creating chemical pesticides at home. That is exactly what the farmers did eons ago.
They are fun and easy, stay with us while we tell you how to make them.
5 Homemade and Natural Organic Pesticides
There are various natural pest control pesticides that you can make at home. They are easy and does not involve much making time. Lets take a look at some of the popular ones.
- Mineral Oil – The solution is easy to make and all you need to do is mix 10 to 30 ml of oil in 1 liter of water, shake it well and then put it inside a spray bottle. Now that the solution is over, all you need to do is spray it in the targeted areas. This pesticide is easy to make and ensures that all the insects and their corresponding eggs are dehydrated.
- Salt Spray – To make this pesticide all you need to do is mix 2 tablespoons of salt into 1 gallon of warm water and spray it on the areas that are the hubs for all the pests. This easy to make pesticide has given extremely effective results and has managed to keep pests at a safe distance.
- Eucalyptus Oil – If treating bees, flies and wasps is one of your agendas, then the eucalyptus oil is the preferred pesticide. Sprinkling a few drops of eucalyptus oil is all that you need to do to ensure that the pests leave the place immediately. This one is easy because you don’t even have to make the solution. Just get the oil and your work is done.
- Garlic and Onion Spray – This is an interesting pesticide that you have to make in your kitchen but nonetheless the
results it provides is overwhelming and just the one you want. Mince together one organic clove of garlic and a medium sized organic onion together with a quart of water. After keeping it still for an hour, pour one teaspoon of cayenne pepper along with one tablespoon of liquid soap and mix it well. And the good news is, this solution is potent enough to retain its effect for one week if stored well in the refrigerator.
- Tobacco Spray – If tobacco kills humans, then tobacco spray kills pests like aphids and caterpillars. This spray can be easily made by mixing one cup of organic tobacco in one gallon of water. The mixture should be kept overnight and once the mix develops a light brown color you can consider that the spray is ready. So this time tobacco spray will help you to get rid of pests in and around your home.
So make these sprays and mixes in order to have a pest free life.