How To Prevent Cockroach Infestation In Your Restaurant?
Cockroaches and food do not go well together at all and they should always be kept mutually exclusive. Be it in your home kitchen or be it in your restaurant, these pesky scavengers are extremely difficult to deal with once they start infiltrating and claim the area as their own. Hence, it is always advisable to employ preventive measures from the very beginning itself. The one thing that cannot be stressed upon enough is the fact that cleanliness is second to none when it comes to combating these repulsive creatures.
We have compiled a list of Do’s and Don’ts which will guide you towards keeping your restaurant free from any sort of infestation by cockroaches:
Clean your restaurant on a regular basis
- Be it regular sweeping and mopping or be it, cleaning of crumbs and spills from floors or sideboards or be it the washing of utensils – all the aforementioned activities should be carried out diligently on a regular basis.
De-clutter the space
- This applicable for all cabinets, boxes and all such things which add on to the clutter of your otherwise clean restaurant. It is advisable to get rid of all the stuff that is not needed on a regular basis in the restaurant
Empty trash cans and dispose all rubbish daily
- Cockroaches feed and thrive on garbage and rubbish. Hence, you should always attempt to cut off all food sources of our unwanted pests.
- Always store food in plastic or glass containers and with the lids on
Seal all cracks and crevices
- This way, there will not be any place for the cockroaches to hide and breed. Use high quality caulking for the purpose of sealing.
Place a mesh over drains
- Drains are one of the prime entry points of these pests. Hence, the mesh of wires prevents the entry of cockroaches into the restaurants.
Check incoming stock
Incoming stock, especially the ones which comes in boxes happen to be one other source through which cockroaches are introduced to the environment. Hence, it is essential to check incoming stock without fail every time they make their way into your precious restaurant.
A restaurant should be our very own haven of food and not a breeding ground for cockroaches. In case the cockroaches manage to find their way into your restaurant and the problem reaches rather alarming proportions, then do not hesitate to seek the help of a commercial pest control services.